of Snapper in New Zealand
To achieve a good level
of understanding of complex fisheries management scenarios we believe
it is important to read the available data in good order.
The various documents
have been broken up and reorganised by each snapper fishery. This
facilitates downloading as, intact, these documents are big and
For each fishery management
proposal we have submitted to we present the available information
and our submission alongside others views.
- The Ministry of Fisheries (MFish) management proposal as presented
in the Initial Position Papers (IPPs).
- The Minister of Fisheries' "Preliminary View" letter,
- Submissions to the IPP from option4 and others, as available.
- The MFish Final Advice Paper (FAP) incorporating stakeholders
- The Minister's Final Decision for the species.
- Articles and Letters relating to this fishery, as available.
New Zealand is divided
into six areas for the management of snapper. SNA1, SNA2, SNA3,
SNA7, SNA8 and SNA10.
Location of boundaries
of the snapper (SNA) Quota Management Areas.
At the moment we have
documents online that relate to:
|SNA2 - Cape Runaway to Wellington
|SNA8 - West coast North Island
This document reviews the various snapper stocks and describes the overfished nature of most of these stocks. The report notes that the fisheries are reasonably stable, but at relatively low catch levels. MFish FARD 88/26.
Variations in growth, mortality, and population density of snapper, in the Hauraki Gulf. Snapper in the Gulf are heavily exploited, this report only deals with trawling, the vulnerability of stocks to fishing, and variations in populations, growth, and age of snapper. Fisheries Research Bulletin No. 14.