Home - option4.co.nz The more people we can get involved in these issues the better Fishing in New Zealand
   
SEARCH THIS SITE


Advanced Search

 STAY INFORMED
YES I want to be
kept informed
Change existing options


Promote option4

Please help option4

 

 

AUCKLAND CONSERVATION BOARD (67th meeting)


The next ordinary meeting of the Board is to be held on 29/ 30 October 2003 at the Miranda Shorebird Centre, East Coast Rd commencing at 3.30pm. The meeting will adjourn at 6pm and reconvene on Thursday 30 October 2003 at 8.30am.

AGENDA

•  APOLOGIES/WELCOME/INTRODUCTIONS

The Board meeting will be preceded by a powhiri for new members of the Board Kathy Walsh and Jenny Kirk.

•  PUBLIC FORUM [Wednesday 29 October]

Time will be set aside for members of the public to address the Board regarding conservation issues. Speakers are asked to keep their presentations brief and to provide the Board with background information in writing where possible.

  • David Lawrie, Chair Miranda Naturalists' Trust / National Wetland Centre
  • Jon Kearins, Franklin District Council will provide a briefing on Council's Rural Plan Change 14. Background information has been circulated to Board members.
  • Trish Rea, option4
  • Mrs Pat Cook, Maraetai - a letter regarding coastal erosion and sedimentation issues will be tabled.

3. REVIEW AND CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES

3.1 Minutes of the meeting of 28 August 2003 [Attached]

3.2 Matters arising - Special Meeting 23 October 2003

  • Preparation of a response to the Motuora Restoration Society
  • Auckland Business Plan Directions 2004/5

4. REPORTS

4.1 Auckland Conservator's Report [Attached]

4.2 Chairperson's Report

  • Flor Anthoni paper on marine reserves tabled by option4 at the August meeting [Stafford-Bush]
  • SH20 Mt Roskill Update [La Roche]
  • Conservation with Communities Subgroup [Galbraith]

5. MAJOR ITEMS

5.1 Strategy for the Protection of Marine Biodiversity in the Hauraki Gulf [report attached]

5.2 Vehicles on Beaches Forum Update [To be taken at 9.30am, 30 October 2003]

Harley Spence [Coastline Consultants] and Greg Lowe [Franklin District Council Parks Manager] will join the meeting for this item.

5.2 CMS Related Matters

  • Draft Statements of General Policy - process for preparation of Board submission [closing date 19 December 2003]
  • CMS Implementation monitoring for Miranda, Key Area 24 [report attached]

5.3 Pollen Island Update [report attached]

5.4 Board Business

  • Review of Board procedures [report attached]
  • Review of sub-committee structure and membership
  • Recreation Facilities Review - process for preparation of Board submission [closing date 30 January 2004]
  • Arrangements for November inspection of Motutapu and Motuihe Islands [report attached]

6. STATUTORY ACTIONS

6.1 Resource Consent Applications by the Department of Conservation

Refer Item 4.1 for updates.

6.2 Concession Schedules [Report and schedule attached]

This is a standing agenda item to provide information about concession applications and approvals.

6.3 Triggered Concessions [Report attached]

7. SUBCOMMITTEE REPORTS

Maori Members/ Marine

  • Endorsement of submission on Government's foreshore and seabed proposals [attached]
  • Planning/ Concessions
  • SH 20 Avondale extension update [Galbraith]
  • Eastern Corridor proposals update [Fenn/ La Roche]
  • Endorsement of submissions on (1) Sunny Bay proposals criteria and (2) renewal of Supporters of Tiritiri Matangi guiding concession [attached]

Walkways

  • Land Access Reference Group [La Roche] Submissions close 30 November 2003

8. MINUTES - NEW ZEALAND CONSERVATION AUTHORITY AND NEIGHBOURING CONSERV ATION BOARDS

  • NZCA Chair' s Memo for meeting of 8/9 October and paper on Vehicle Use Impacts on Coastal Conservation Values [attached]
  • Minutes of the NZCA meeting of 13/14 August 2003; unconfirmed minutes of the Northland Conservation Board meeting held 26 September 2003; confirmed minutes of Waikato Conservation Board meeting held 6 June 2003 [circulated to members]

9. LIAISON/ REPRESENTATION

Verbal reports from members on liaison or representation activities.

  • Pest Liaison Group [Alpe]
  • Other

10. CORRESPONDENCE

[Schedules attached]

11. OTHER BUSINESS

12. DATE AND VENUE FOR THE NEXT ORDINARY MEETING

Proposed - Auckland Conservancy Office 11 December 2003

site designed by axys © 2003 option4. All rights reserved.