Section 12 (Fisheries Act 1996) Policy Definition
Key components of
- The key components that need to be incorporated into statutory
consultation required by the Fisheries Act have been identified
defined proposal to be consulted on.
of appropriate information to those being consulted to enable
them to effectively participate in the consultation process
(this should include the particular proposals up for discussion
as well as the consultation process to be followed).
time allowed for those consulted to:
- Consider information provided.
- Request further information or clarification.
- Consult with those they represent.
- Formulate their ideas and responses.
- Appropriate opportunity must be provided for those consulted
to convey their views and due notice must be taken of those views.
- Responses must be received with an open mind and due respect
accorded those views before the decision is made.
- Provision of feedback on final decisions including how the views
expressed in the consultation process have been incorporated or
otherwise into those decisions.
|Ministry's full definition of section 12 is
|in printable format here
(81Kb) » »