affiliation to CORANZ
29 October 2004
PO Box 1876
Please find attached a cheque
for $250.00 from option4. We appreciate the invitation to affiliate
Thank you for all the work
CORANZ is doing on behalf of those who enjoy the outdoors. We are
keen to work together to enhance the ability of New Zealanders to
access and enjoy the marine environment.
option4 is anchored by four
principles that have been maintained since our inception four years
- A priority right over commercial fishers for free access to
a reasonable daily bag limit to be written into legislation.
- The ability to exclude commercial methods that deplete recreationally
- The ability to devise plans to ensure future generations enjoy
the same or better quality of rights while preventing fish conserved
for recreational use being given to the commercial sector.
- No licensing of recreational fishers.
Beyond that we see ourselves
as offering functionality. Those functionalities include:
- Establishing a database of people who want to be informed –
we expect the database to double over the next year.
- Monthly Updates – both online and in various magazines.
- Providing easy to use, information rich opportunities for people
to make submission as they see fit through Alerts – 6 to
date – several more in the pipeline.
- Bearing witness to fisheries management processes and reporting
- Maintaining a record of Ministry consultation processes, submissions
made to same, Final Advice and Decisions – all online permanently.
Those who come along in the future will have an incredible opportunity
to trace how they came to be in the position they are. Like rust,
the Ministry of Fisheries and Department of Conservation never
sleep – they don't take no for an answer, they just put
it away for a few years and have another go on another day.
option4 would welcome CORANZ
news to include in our monthly online Updates. An archive of Updates
is available online https://www.option4.co.nz/Updates_and_Alerts/updates.htm
Our representative Jason
Foord will be in contact with you and the CORANZ team to coordinate
our effort to work together.
you would like to contact a member of CORANZ please click go here
for more information » »